The Korean Government’s fully-funded Scholarships Program (KGSP) for the batch of 2023-2024 in sponsorship by the Korean Ministry of Education (MOE) is now starting to accept online applications from students.
The Republic of Korea may be known for many things like their K-pop music industry that has taken over the world in the past couple of years or their K-dramas that have gained immense viewers throughout the world.
But what you may not know about Korea is that they offer one of the best scholarship programs around the globe. All their scholarship programs offer great perks that help with keeping up with the living style and expenses in Korea. Moreover, you get to learn more about Korean culture and acquire immense exposure.
Henceforth, if you are an international student looking for opportunities to study abroad or in Korea, specifically, then The Korean Government provides a golden opportunity for foreign students just like you to apply and study in Korea.
The Korean Scholarship or KGSP Scholarships 2023 has started accepting online applications. So, you are welcome to apply for the KGSP.
The KGSP 2023:
KGSP is an abbreviation for Korean Government Scholarship Program. This fully-funded program offers scholarships in the top government and private universities of Korea. The categories for the KGSP are undergraduate, Master and Ph.D.
The Main Objective Of KGSP:
The main objective of KGSP is to build friendly international relationships in Korea with the rest of the countries on the world map. Not only will the scholarship program promote mutual friendship but also promote international talent exchange from other countries into Korea.
Furthermore, high-quality education is provided to deserving global students. This not only grooms and nourishes them but also turns them into leaders.
KGSP Scholarships Finances:
If you are awarded the KGSP then you will get the following benefits:
- The KGSP will cover all the airfare expenses
- You will be awarded an accommodation allowance of 200,000 KRW
- A living allowance of 20,000 KRW is given every month
- To cover your medical expenses, medical insurance of 20,000 is provided per month.
- The Korean language course for 800,000 KRW per quarter is covered for
- The tuition fees of a maximum of 5,000,000 KRW per semester is paid for
- An award is given for excellent Korean language proficiency
- Research projects are supported by giving an allowance of 210,000 – 240,000 KRW per semester
- The printing costs for a thesis or dissertation range from 500,000 – 800,000 KRW
- On completion of the degree, the student is granted a cash reward of 100,000 KRW
Eligibility Criteria of KGSP 2023:
It is for best you ensure that you check and fulfill all of the eligibility criteria before and after applying for the Korean government scholarship program 2023:
- Students who have Korean nationality can not apply
- Furthermore, students whose either parent or both parents hold Korean citizenship cannot apply
- All the applicants must be physically and mentally fit to stay in Korea for a long time till their degree is completed or so
- Each student applying must have excellent academic grades throughout their previous education institute
- The CGPA of the students must be 80% at least or above
- Students who have already studied in Korea cannot apply
- Students who were previously awarded the KGSP can re-apply for the scholarship program but only through the university of their choice
- Candidates for undergraduate must not be older than twenty-five years old
- Candidates for graduate degrees should be below forty years old
- Candidates must have graduated from high school and have their high school diploma
- The candidates for the graduate program must have completed their bachelor’s or master’s before arriving in Korea
The Application Procedure for KGSP 2023:
Before you apply for the KGSP 2022 scholarship program, read through the details of the application procedure for the KGSP scholarship program:
- The students may apply through a university or the Korean embassy in their country.
- Candidates who apply have to submit their documents to the Korean embassy in their home country or directly to the university to they are applying to.
- If you intend to apply through the university of your choice, then you must follow the guidelines specified by the university on their website to submit your application form.
- The Korean Embassy or Korean university will send those documents to the NIIED only to those students who are potentially selected
- NIIED will evaluate all the documents and will notify the Korean university or the Korean Embassy about the potentially selected candidates.
- If you have been selected for the scholarship, then you will be informed through the university portal or the Korean embassy.
- The KGSP scholarship committee does not inform you if you are rejected or selected
- If you have any queries about the selection, then you may contact the Korean university or the Korean embassy directly.
The Documents Requirements for the KGSP 2023:
Your application for the KGSP will not be accepted until you have submitted all the needed documents. The inability to provide all the required documents will not only cause delays but can also cancel your application process.
Below is a list of all the documents required for the KGSP 2023:
- A scanned copy of the highest degree attained
- Copies of highest transcripts
- Recommendation letters from employees or professors
- Personal statement (mandatory for master’s and Ph. D applicants)
- Study plan (mandatory for master’s applicants)
- Research proposal (only for the Ph.D. program applicants)
- Motivation letter or an intent letter (mandatory for undergraduate program applicants)
- A resume for scholarship application
- Applicants should fill the application form in either the Korean language or English only
- All the application documents should be presented in original form.
- Photocopied documents must be certified
- Documents that have been submitted to the NIIED will not be returned to the student
- Photocopies are acceptable for the awards and certificates only.
- The recommendation letter must be written by two different recommenders
- The candidate has to submit one set of original application documents and three sets of all photocopied application documents to the Korean embassy. This is only applicable to applicants who are applying through the Korean Embassy.
- However, in case if the student is applying directly to their desired university, then they must submit one set of original application documents only.
Application Deadline for KGSP 2023:
The Korean government scholarship program is held only once a year. There is no fixed opening date or deadline. Hence, you must take care not to miss out on any of the deadlines.
Each university has its own deadline. In addition, each degree program has a varied deadline. So, it is best to contact the university directly to know about the opening date and deadline.
If you are applying directly through the Korean embassy located in your country, then you may visit the embassy and ask for the deadline.