Skoll Scholarships for the 2022-2023 batch is announced at Oxford University and they started accepting online applications from international students for the batch of 2022-2023 at Business School of Oxford University. The 2022 Skoll Scholarship provides full funding plus a living stipend to complete an MBA at the University of Oxford’s Said Business School for social entrepreneurs worldwide. There are many benefits to being a Skoll Scholar; being part of a global community of change leaders as well as studying your MBA in one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.
Oxford University has a rich tradition of developing leaders. The MBA program builds on this legacy, providing you with a solid foundation in core business principles while developing a broadened mindset and understanding of the role of business in society.
You will be challenged to delve deep into the areas that interest you most and gain the strategic skills and insight to lead a successful, purposeful career.
Skoll Scholarships Coverage:
- The Scholarship covers the full course fees for the MBA program.
- Partial living expenses of at least an additional £14,985.
- The Skoll Scholarship provides funding for entrepreneurs who have set up or have been working in entrepreneurial initiatives with a social purpose or who have pursued an impact career, and who wish to improve their knowledge of market-oriented practices so they can be more effective in their subsequent social change pursuits.
- In addition to financial support, the Scholarship provides access to the Skoll Scholar community, a group of leaders who are positively impacting the world through innovation and systems change, as well as exclusive opportunities to meet with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought leaders, and investors.
- The Scholarship is given in recognition that the MBA may represent a significant financial burden, particularly for those who have chosen to work in the social impact/innovation space rather than the purely commercial or public sectors.
Eligibility Criteria for Skoll Scholarships:
You are eligible for Skoll Scholarships if;
- You have identified opportunities and taken action in order to make a positive social impact
- You have spent preferably at least 3 years driving change through entrepreneurial approaches. For example, you could have:
- Started or grown a social venture
- OR created and led the expansion of a social impact initiative within an organization
- OR been tackling a specific social/environmental issue, through a core thread that unites your work
- You can demonstrate the outcomes and impact of your entrepreneurial action
- Your impact addresses unjust systems and practices in your area of work
- You are a force for positive change
- You are single-minded and persistent, with a willingness to fail and start again
- You have bias toward action
- You have a tendency to explore your environment for opportunities and resources
- You have a willingness to take personal, and sometimes financial, risks
- You develop networks and leverage members to pursue mutual goals
- You have apprenticed with the problem or experienced the problem you are trying to solve
- You can demonstrate why business education is essential in helping to develop your work/impact at this stage
- You are in a position where the cost of the program is a significant financial burden
- You can demonstrate the need for the Scholarship (for example, due to previous work experiences or personal circumstances).
Documents required to apply for Skoll Scholarships:
Documents requirement is often a confusing and time-consuming process. Applicants should make sure that the required documents are prepared before applying for the Skoll Scholarships to avoid wastage of time and missing out on the deadline. The following set of documents can provide a quick guideline for applicants to gather all the needed documents to apply for the Skoll Scholarships;
- CV for Scholarship and Motivation Letter is required. The CV should be no longer than two pages and the covering letter should:
- Explain your financial circumstances and why you cannot afford the fee and;
- Explain why your work in the social impact space (and its resulting outcomes/impact) makes you a strong candidate for the Skoll Scholarship.
- Recommendation Letters by any two previous professors/Institutes.
- The research proposal or published research paper.
- Study plan for the scholarship.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) to ensure your key role in bringing about positive changes and learn new skills.
- Copy of all educational documents.
- English Proficiency Certificate.
- GRE or GMAT Score
Application Procedure for Skoll Scholarships:
The application procedure to apply for Skoll Scholarships is simple. To apply for the Skoll Scholarship follow these steps:
- Connect with us to register your interest in the Scholarship and make sure you’re kept up to date with announcements about upcoming deadlines.
- Apply for the Oxford MBA program directly to Said Business School. You’ll need to do this during stages 1,2, or 3 of the MBA admissions process for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Upload your answers to the Skoll Scholarship essay questions as part of your MBA application, and submit your MBA application! You’ll find the Scholarship essay questions under the “Funding” section of the MBA application. We would advise that you allow yourself about one 1-weeks’ time to answer the Skoll Scholarship essay questions.
- The MBA Admissions Team will then assess your application to ensure you meet the academic requirements sought by the Said Business School and determine if you are accepted onto the MBA program or not.
- If you’ve received confirmation that you have been accepted onto the MBA program, keep an eye on your emails as the Skoll Centre will send you a link to the second part of the Scholarship application, which is a Logistics and Reference Form.
- Complete the Logistics and Reference Form. This consists of a series of short questions about you, how you heard about the Scholarship, your references, etc. Please note, your referees will not be contacted unless you get to the final stages of the selection process.
That’s it! The Skoll Centre will then consider your candidacy for the Skoll Scholarship and advise you accordingly.
- If your written applications are successful, you’ll be invited to join a virtual first-stage interview with the Skoll Scholarship Selection Committee.
- If you are successful after your first interview, you will be invited to a virtual final stage interview.
- To apply for an admissions fee waiver, send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]. Please apply for the fee waiver before submitting your MBA application.