Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships 2022-2023: Submit Applications
Study for free in Germany!
Heinrich Boll Scholarships 2022-2023 are open for online applications for international students. German Heinrich Boll Scholarships are offering scholarships rewards for undergraduate, post graduate and PhD degree levels.
The Heinrich Boll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,200 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences, or universities of the arts.
We expect our scholarship recipients to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self-determination and justice.
Heinrich Boll Scholarships Coverage:
- For Germans/Foreign students educated in Germany level of funding varies, like the German BaföG, according to parental income or own assets or earnings: maximum, €649 plus €300 book money per month.
- For EU nationals/Students not educated in Germany level of funding varies, like the German BaföG, according to parental income or own assets or earnings: maximum €649 plus €300 book money per month.
- Non-EU nationals/ Students1 not educated in Germany level of funding is €850 per month plus various individual allowances.
- Childcare allowance is given.
- Health insurance is covered.
Eligibility Criteria for Heinrich Boll Scholarships:
Eligibility Criteria for Heinrich Boll Scholarships is:
- For Germans/Foreign students educated in Germany, degrees that qualify for scholarships are; First degree only (Bachelor, Diploma). Bachelor’s students who are already in receipt of scholarships may then be funded for their master’s degree course.
- For EU nationals/Students not educated in Germany, degrees that qualify for scholarships are; Master’s degree only; proof of first professional qualification must be provided.
- For Non-EU nationals/ Students not educated in Germany, degrees that qualify for scholarships are; Master’s degree only; proof of first professional qualification must be provided. Graduates from German schools abroad can submit their application for a Bachelor and Master scholarship twice a year (by March and September). The same requirements apply as for Germans/Foreign students educated in Germany.
Documents Requirement for Heinrich Boll Scholarships:
The document’s template is available on the website and from the download center of the application portal. The following list of documents will serve as a guideline for students to apply for Heinrich Boll Scholarships easily. Please enter the following data online into the pdf form.
- Your personal data and CV for Scholarship
- Your Motivation Letter for are applying to the Heinrich Boll Foundation.
- An outline of your motivation for studying your chosen subject and of your main areas of interests.
- An outline of your social commitments and political interests.
- Recommendation Letters by any two previous professors/Institutes.
- The research proposal or published research paper.
- A copy of your Abitur, baccalaureate or university entrance qualification, or if applicable the last three interim certificates if your Abitur certificate has yet to be issued at the time of your application. If required, a German or English translation by a certified translator.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP) to ensure your key role in bringing about positive changes and learn new skills.
Heinrich Boll Scholarships Application Procedure:
- Check to see if you can apply to the next application before deadline and fulfil the formal requirements.
- Find out about the application formalities and the application process.
- Sign up for the online portal.
- Complete the required sections and attach documents for your application in the online portal.
- After completing the online application, click the submit button.
Three stages of application procedure for Deutschland Stipendium Scholarships are:
- Submission of written application documents, including a personal reference on your social commitment and an expert reference from a university lecturer or, in the case of school leavers, a schoolteacher. The expert reference, preferably in a sealed envelope, may be submitted with the applications or submitted separately by the referee.
- An interview with a liaison lecturer, usually held at your university or near where you live (telephone interviews may also be held).
- Attendance at a selection workshop in Berlin consisting of a one-to-one interview and a group discussion.
At each stage only a small group is selected for the next stage. You will be informed in writing of the decision reached at each stage of the selection procedure.
Deadline for Heinrich Boll Scholarship Application Submission:
Applications for Heinrich Boll Scholarships 2022-2023 are closing on 1st September 2021.
To apply for Heinrich Boll Scholarships 2022-2023 click here.
Applicants can find more information about Heinrich Boll Scholarships on the official website here.