Time to apply for a fully-funded Japanese MEXT Undergraduate Scholarship 2022-2023 session. This scholarship will help you to study for free in a top-ranked Japanese University with monthly stipends, free accommodation, health coverage, and other benefits on the go.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) is inviting applications from international students for their fully funded MEXT Undergrad Scholarships 2022-2023 academic session.
The Japanese government opened its web portal for accepting online applications of international students, willing to get admitted to a renowned Japanese university for pursuing their undergrad degrees. So hurry up and prepare your documents to get a chance to fund your tertiary education.
Coverage and benefits of the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships:-
Students who avail of the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships will find themselves eligible to avail the following perks and benefits:
- Full tuition fee exemption
- Fully funded entrance exam fee
- Monthly stipends:
- 117,000 yen per month
- Additional 2000 to 3000 yen per month (supplementary regional allowance)
- Local transportation costs once in Japan
- To and from ticket between the home country and Japan (only once)
Eligibility criteria for the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships 2022-2023:-
Make sure to check the eligibility criteria for the respective MEXT scholarship before applying.
- Students belonging to all those countries which have ambassadorial relations with Japan are eligible to apply to the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships.
- Students possessing dual nationality, one of them, being Japanese, are also free to apply, provided that they relinquish their Japanese nationality till the date of degree completion.
Students applying to the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships must be of 24 years or under. However, there are certain exemptions in this case that can be acknowledged by visiting the official website.
- Applicants who have completed 12 years of education till March 2022 from a non-Japanese educational institute are eligible to apply for the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships.
- Applicants must have passed an academic qualification exam equivalent to 12 years of schooling from a non-Japanese educational institute.
The MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships do not require an IELTS or TOEFL test score. As compensation for these courses, students are given an option to learn the Japanese language for applying to the said scholarship.
All the applicants must be medically fit.
How to apply for the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships?
Applying to the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships is as easy as saying ‘Sanka Suru’ (submit). You just have to follow the following procedure:
Step 1: Download online application form:-
The application form can be downloaded online from the MEXT Japan Scholarships’ official website.
Step 2: Prepare all the necessary documents:-
All the documents mentioned in the application form (original or attested copies) are to be prepared in advance.
Step 3: Submit the documents:-
Submission of the documents is to be made to the Embassy of Japan in your country and by hand.
Note: Documents once submitted will not be returned in any case.
List of documents required for the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships:-
There are a number of documents that are required to be submitted alongside your application form in the Embassy of Japan near you. These are as follows:
- MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarship application form (filled by hand or typed)
- Mark Sheet form
- Academic transcript or marks sheet:
- Secondary School mark sheet
- Motivation letter
- Higher Secondary School mark sheet.
- Provisional certificates:
- SSC character certificate
- HSC character certificate.
- Recommendation letter from the class teacher
- Medical Certificate
- Certificate of enrollment (if already enrolled in a university in home country)
- Hope certificate (for students awaiting their final results by August 2022)
It is best advised to prepare them in advance to avoid any hassles.
Application deadline for the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships:-
The deadlines of MEXT Undergrad Scholarships 2022-2023 application submissions vary according to different countries. To know the deadline for your country, contact the Embassy of Japan in your home country.
This was the end of our educational news story. Now is the time for you to start your application for the MEXT Japan Undergraduate Scholarships. Good luck with your application and ask questions in the comments.